Thursday, August 6, 2009

Oregon State Fair

Adeleah all ready for the fair.
Since my little family is going to move half way around the world we thought it would be good if Adeleah and I went home one more time. This way our families get to see her one more time before the move. And for those who know me and my family, you know how state fair is a thing that my family does ever year. All growing up I would miss the first week of school to go to the Oregon State Fair and show our draft horses. It is something that my great grandparents started a very long time ago. Anyway, Adeleah and I are going to fly out to NV and then drive up to Oregon with my parents for the fair. Plus this way Gabes family can come see us too. The very sad thing is that Gabe won't be able to come with us because of work and he is going to be gone the week before we leave. And we will only get one day together before I leave and that is if he gets back by then:( I am excited to be going to fair though, I get to see a lot of family and with moving it is just nice to be able to do.
Well about the move to Japan, we heard yesterday that we should be here til after the new year. Gabe will be with HS-11 till dec and then have sometime off before he starts schooling and then after that we will make the big move. Hopefully we should get the actual orders here in 2 to 3 weeks (that what we were told). And then that should tell us all the dates and everything we need to know about moving and getting things ready in Japan also. Gabe and I both have mixed feelings about this move. We are not excited about the housing over there, it is small, like a two bedroom is between 850 and 900 sq feet. Plus it is just going to be very different from what we are used to. Although we did pray about it and this is what we felt was right for us at this time and so we just have to remember that the Lord will be with us. And one nice thing is that we will get to travel all over and get to see a lot of that part of the world. Oh and I am going to kill myself over there, they drive on the left side!
My mom got all of the grand kids a pair of these. My great grandpa wear overalls everyday and so my great grandma got a pair for all her great grand kids and my mom wanted to carry it on.


1 comment:

Montserrat said...

First, those overalls are too dang cute!

Second, you guys better stop by either coming or going from Oregon. It's on the way! (At least I think it is)

Third, you guys will do fine in Japan. It will be such a growing experience that you'll look back on with fond memories.