Monday, July 28, 2008

Being a navy wife


There are times when life is just life, Gabe goes to work and comes home in the afternoon. But then comes the times when you remember you are in the navy. Gabe is gone for a week and a half on the ship, which in the navy life that is very short time to be gone. Most of the time he will be gone for a month or as we have had to go through twice 5-7 months. So 1 1/2 weeks isn't bad, it still sucks to have him gone. Plus I believe that the reason I don't go to bed til almost midnight is because I don't have my husband telling me we need to get ready for bed. And after you are married it is odd when you have to go to bed by yourself. The one nice thing about Gabe being gone right now is that I have a cold and so by the time he gets home I will be done with it so he won't get it. I will just be happy for this time go by fast and to have Gabe home and safe again. Anyways, this is a small part of being a navy wife and I knew this coming into it. You don't just marry your hushand you also marry the navy.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I'm glad it's just a short time he'll be gone. Good luck with the cold! We had sickness spread around our house last week...I'm sure Gabe will appreciate that he doesn't catch it as well. :)